We had an absolutely AMAZING time cheering on the U-S of A at the RUGBY WORLD CUP yesterday! So incredibly thankful to get to do something like this… Happy belated belated belated birthday to Brian. wink emoticon #RWC2015 #USA #SCOTLAND
The Rugby World Cup kicked off last month, and needless to say, we’ve officially become a “rugby family”. Not only does it make me happy to see Brian doing something that he loves, but the Stockton Rugby Club has truly been a blessing to him while living in England. Immersing in the English sport culture in general has been a lot of fun for both of us.
Here’s a write-up on Brian and one of his games –> The Northern Echo
Girl’s Group: To assist our youth in getting the most out of God’s Word & prayer, we have been focusing on a few very practical tools over the last couple weeks. Our girl’s have learned two helpful acrostics:
1) S.O.A.P = Scripture, Observation, Application & Prayer (Bible Reading).
2) A.C.T.S = Adoration, Confession, Thanks, & Supplication (Prayer).
Additionally, we started a brand new series called “BIG QUESTIONS” (Apologetics), which focuses on equipping our young people for defending their faith! Please pray for the leadership team as we prepare for this truly important task. THANK YOU!
We have had a very exciting and fruitful two weeks of training with our new team!!! smile emoticon Recap: The first week was all about team bonding (in the Lake District) and the second week consisted mostly of youth work technicalities (in the Tees Valley). As a finale to week two, we were sent on a scavenger hunt in Middlesbrough and ended the day by climbing Roseberry Topping—an iconic hill on the edge of the North York Moors. (Roseberry holds beautiful significance for TVYFC because you can see the ENTIRE Tees Valley from the summit, which makes it a remarkable spot to pray over the area). Saturday, we took a coach trip with our church to the stunning Fountains Abbey. Sunday, we kicked off week 2 of our new youth series, “EPIC” (and Morgan taught on Adam & Eve). And tomorrow?! We will be getting certified in First-Aid. Woo! I hope you’ve had a full, but great weekend as well and that you’re looking forward to the start of a brand new week.
Though Brian and I had an amazing time in the states with our families during the month of August, we have officially returned to the UK and have jumped right back into things! We took our youth to COSTA Sunday morning to pray and chat about the new year as well as have a “last hoorah” before the Y6’s move up from KidZone next week. This Sunday we will be starting a new year-long series called, “The Greatest Story Ever Told”, where we plan to go through the entire Bible from Creation to Revelation. Can’t wait!
Hey friends, Brian & I are selling this t-shirt designed by @fundthenations to raise the necessary funds to stay and serve in England for a second year. If you would like to buy a t-shirt, just let us know and we will send one your way. We are enormously grateful for your love and support over the last year. Your prayers have been invaluable. God bless you! #shopFTN #fundthenations
1. First Year: We completed our first year with YFC in England. In a few days, we head back for the month of August, then start year two in September.
2. SPC Youth Lock-In: It was a movie, hide & seek, live mafia, popcorn & ice-cream kind of night!
3. Soul Survivor: We camped out for nearly a week at a youth conference in Stafford. On top of lives being transformed, we really treasured how much closer we grew to our kids.
4. School Mentoring: In January, our team began a Mentor Program at a local secondary school and we ended the year with a Graduation Ceremony/party for those students. The school really supports what we are doing and has invited us back for the new school term!
5. Girl’s Discipleship: Morgan was able to do lots of fun activities with her girls during the month of July-Painting, Netflix, milkshakes, & horseback riding included!
6. Christian Union: Our team hosted the last lunch club of the year & threw a pizza party for the secondary students.
7. Mayor’s Service in Parish Gardens: Our church home hosted the community of Stockton for a service, concert, and burgers.
8. Camp of Champions: Youth for Christ hosted loads of sports camps for kids this month & Brian did a great job running one in Stockton.
9. Seminary: Morgan completed her first year of seminary! She starts back up at the end of August.
10. Church Coach Trip: On America’s Independence Day we were at the beach with our church fam playing volleyball + eating fish & chips.
11. Mission Weeks: YFC hosted several mission teams in the Tees Valley from Colorado & Texas. We loved having them (and all of the incredible summer interns) here with us for either the whole summer or for parts of it.
12. BBQ Bashes: A girl’s group celebration for the end of the school year + SPC Staff BBQ at the Millers.
13. School Play: One of the Y6’s moving up to youth in September starred in her school play & we got to go support her!
14. Y & F: The big summer blowout for Young & Free with SPC & the Tab Youth.
15. Yorkshire Three Peaks: Brian hiked this 24.5-mile challenge in only 7 hours.
16. Birthday Boy: Brian turned 26 during our camping trip at Soul Survivor!!!!
Hey friends! Brian, our teammate, Brittany, & I are took SPC Youth to an epic summer conference called Soul Survivor this summer camped for 5 nights and 6 days! Our heart was to see young people encounter Jesus and grow in their faith and boy, did they. We have so many amazing stories to share from it. We are truly thankful to God for all that He did. Please continue to pray with us that the things that were learned and experienced would continue to resonate in the hearts of our kids. It was a truly life-changing week for all of our students, as well as for the thousands of other young people who were there too.
Saturday, July 4th, was spent on the beach, playing volleyball and eating fish and chips with great friends and church fam… We certainly did not foresee that one day we’d be celebrating our country’s independence from the British Empire in none other than Great Britain, but alas, here we are! Happy Independence day America…from the motherland! And thank you once again to all of our friends and family back home for loving and supporting us through this journey of faith.